Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 60: Sunday, October 23

The Upside of Anger 

After a couple of maddening realities at the closing of this week, I’ve decided to channel the anger into a more positive and productive task: making a list of the things I have to look forward to in this wonderful country.  The fact that I am doing this should come as no surprise to anyone who knows how list-obsessed I am, so, without further ado, here is a jot-notes version of my exciting agenda...

*baking in our newly-purchased toaster oven –Hilary, Andrea and I have shared custody of it for $23 each
*setting up a trick-or-treat activity with the different afternoon classes at Wonderland and teaching them the traditions of All Hallow’s Eve
*dressing up for Halloween (possibly going as a walkman alongside my iPod friends) and partying with my co-teacher April
*hiking the mountain that is in Gwacheon

*visiting my friend from home, Emily, who lives in a more southern part of South Korea; in order to save time, I will be taking the KTX (fast train) which is sure to be exciting
*filling Hilary’s tiny apartment with balloons for her 22nd birthday –shh, don’t tell her! –and then heading out to Hongdae wherein my RA instincts will probably come raging back
*welcoming the three new teachers that are arriving near the end of November, including my good friend Jason from Teacher’s College at Western
*attending a K-Pop Concert being held by YG Entertainment, a producing company of a lot of famous Usher-like artists here in Korea
*celebrating my 25th birthday in a foreign land (that believes I am actually 26, and then will be 27 in January) ; needless to say, I will try to find some way of marking my quarter-life crisis before I am immediately flung into my late-twenties
*heading to Malaysia for winter break!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment