Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 48: Tuesday, October 11


October Already

After a three-week hiatus from blogging, I realize that I have a lot of stories to catch up on.  Also, I’ve become aware of how quickly time can pass here.  When I first arrived in Korea, I felt like I was constantly counting down.  Only a couple of hours until the orientation will be over.  Two more days until I move into my apartment.  Two and a half weeks until I could get my Alien Registration Card, and only one day after that until I can get a cell phone.  The most common advice I received upon arrival was “give it time”.  Being the somewhat impatient and perfectionist person that I am, it was difficult to give myself time to just adjust to work , Korea, and the overall feeling of being so removed from home.   

That being said, acquiring fulfillment at Wonderland, finding some delicious eats, meeting wonderful people and enjoying some really fantastic time out & about has made time pass so quickly.  I don’t look at the clock nearly as much, so before I know it, it is 7:35pm at the end of my work day or 5am on a Sunday morning after a big Saturday night out.  I’ve been forewarned that the speed only picks up from here, so, while I attempt to slow things down enough to get my to-do list done, I promise to continue logging more blogging soon.  

P.S. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Nicole, myself and Hilary enjoying our Gwacheon gourmet at Hilary's apartment.  Our version of Thanksgiving included chicken with Swiss Chalet gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and sweet corn.  Andrea, the newest addition to Wonderland, is the photographer.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment