Saturday, August 27, 2011

Captain's Log: Day 1

Flight to Korea, via Korean Air
(left Toronto @ 12:05pm on Wednesday, arrived in Incheon @ 1:35pm on Thursday)

With 13.5 stationary hours to spend, I had two meals & two naps, watched five films (Fast Five, Kung Fu Panda 2, Adjustment Bureau, Rango & Lincoln Lawyer) and achieved a high score for the in-flight Tetris game... woot woot!  Then came the slightly trickier part: de-boarding the plane and taking my next few steps towards calling Korea my temporary home.  Customs was easy-peasy.  Baggage claim had free trolleys and both of my suitcases.  Saw a man with a sign reading MS JENNIFER COLLIS: perfect, my driver was already waiting for me.  All was seemingly well in my new Korean world.  Little did I know that jet lag was lurking and my sketchy-looking (but yet, fantastically safe) motel would eventually cause a sob fest, party of one.  To be honest I forgot what it was like to bawl myself to sleep –thank you Korea for reminding me.  I would also like to take this opportunity to say how much respect I have for international students now that I have gone through the process of entering a strange land; they are brave souls for not running & screaming back to airport on arrival.
Kickin' back watching movies on our mini TVs

Waiting for my luggage to come off of the carousel
My beloved motel room

No comments:

Post a Comment